Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our privacy practices and contact us if you have any questions.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information SVP Worldwide may collect and how we may use it:
What personal information we collect
When you create a mySewnet™ account, purchase a product, download a software update, subscribe to a newsletter, register for a class at an Viking Sewing Gallery Retail Store, connect to our services, contact us, or participate in an online survey, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, device identifiers, IP address, and credit card information.
How we use your personal information
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on SVP Worldwide's latest product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. If you don't want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by clicking “Unsubscribe” at the bottom of any communication.
- We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content, and advertising.
- We may use your personal information, including date of birth to determine appropriate services. For example, the mySewnet™ site is not intended for users under the age of 16.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with SVP Worldwide, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve SVP Worldwide's products, services, and customer communications.
- If you enter into a sweepstake, contest, or similar promotion we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, and referrer URL so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
- We may collect and store details of how you use our services, including search queries. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our services. Except in limited instances to ensure quality of our services over the Internet, such information will not be associated with your IP address.
- With your explicit consent, we may collect data about how you use your device and applications in order to help our app developers improve our apps.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and Other Technologies
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
As is true of most Internet services, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, to improve our product and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. SVP Worldwide may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Find out how to manage cookies on popular browsers:
To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developer's website.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout .
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times SVP Worldwide may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with SVP Worldwide to provide products and services, or that help SVP Worldwide market to customers. Personal information will only be shared by SVP Worldwide to provide or improve our products, services and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
SVP Worldwide shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, extending credit, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever SVP Worldwide operates.
Protection of Personal Information
SVP Worldwide takes the security of your personal information very seriously. When SVP Worldwide stores your personal data, we use computer systems with limited access housed in facilities using physical security measures.
SVP Worldwide does not make any decisions involving the use of algorithms or profiling that significantly affect you.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Access to Personal Information
We will provide you with access (including a copy) to your personal information for any purpose (including to request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if SVP Worldwide is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes). We may decline to process requests that are frivolous/vexatious, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. To make a request, please contact us.
SVP Worldwide, as a global company, has a number of legal entities in different jurisdictions that are responsible for the personal information which they collect and which is processed on their behalf by SVP Worldwide, LLC.
Our Company-wide Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to SVP Worldwide employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
When a privacy question is received we have a dedicated team that triages the contacts and seeks to address the specific concern or query that you are seeking to raise. Where your issue may be more substantive in nature, more information may be sought from you. All such substantive contacts receive a response. If you are unsatisfied with the reply received, you may refer your complaint to the relevant regulator in your jurisdiction. If you ask us, we will endeavor to provide you with information about relevant complaint avenues that may be applicable to your circumstances.
SVP Worldwide, 1714 Heil Quaker Boulevard, Suite 130, La Vergne, TN 37086